I was almost okay with going to this event when I first heard about it several months ago and then I decided that I wasn't once I began hearing of the details. Today I received a notice in the mail. I guess I just wasn't that close with many of the classmates from my year. I was a skateboarder before that was such an undeniably awesome thing to everyone. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was cool and all my friends did too, but it wasn't totally accepted in 1997 Alexandria. Anyway, I guess that really has nothing to do with nothing - I just don't really feel the need to "catch up" with all those old faces, but I understand the ones who do (after all not everybody has a July 29th crew in their life). Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people there worth a beer and a chat, I can't get past the notion that a high school reunion, for better or worse, is one big "judgement-fest." It's like, "What's been going on with you" is just a veiled question of "How do I measure up to you" and so on and so on. Now, maybe I am just sounding paranoid and insecure here, but the whole thing seems a little lame to me. Nowadays with Myspace and everything else, if you want to find someone you can. However, I understand that some good connections could be made or rekindled and that the event could be mutually beneficial for many, but this time, I think I'll pass. (Although it would be nice to show off my beautiful wife to all those jakes!)
2 comments:
Just go to suckside and ring up a 73 dolalr bar tab. same thing.
I didn't go to mine and I am smokin hot, totally awesome and married to a Dr. I think the 20 year is a better time.
Post a Comment