Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stephen Ash photography - a review

When I was home last weekend I decided to swipe some old prints collecting dust in my brother's closet. They were made in the mid 90's, sometime after Nevermind came out, in Mrs. Martins photography class. Stephen doesn't blog and has pretty much retired from his life as a photographer, but that's okay because today I am going to blog his 90's photos for him!

I think this photo (of the window/reflection above) was published in the annual West Potomac poetry/literary book, if I am not mistaken.



Goofy ass portraits of me (circa 1995).


Here's a shot of Tyler crushing the Rosslyn rail with a big ass ollie back in 95' (while Brendan Kelley catches it on film!) And finally, the much photographed, Pulaski park fountain...

In review, I give Stephen a 5 for catching images well before the digital age and snapping action shots (like that ollie) at just the right time on a Pentax 35mm (non D)SLR camera, and putting in the time in the darkroom to make just the right exposure. Well done.

3 comments:

Rory Part 2 said...

Steve is the Grant Brittan of 29. I'll also give him a 5. Good review.

Jim Jones said...

Excellen review....Standard film is the best

DonFrye said...

tyler is the eric koston of va