Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer of Love

As of 8:30 today, summer is here! (it is also "Go Skateboarding Day" for those who care abuot that sort of thing). Summer continues to be my favorite season for many reasons and while it is not the first Summer of Love, it is an important one for me and many I know well (two of my best friends, as well as myself, are celebrating love this summer in the grand old fashion of matrimony!)
Yesterday I found out the ‘icing on the summer cake’-- Ryan Adams and the Cardinals are playing the NORVA again, on July 22! This is only one week prior to July 29th, of which if he had played I would have missed the show for the annual ‘friend reunion’ TwoNine (not to mention the summer Rattler show).

Other notable events in the 06’ Summer of Love include, kicking it off in grand style, the Elliott’s love union last weekend on June 18th! A birthday celebrating me turning 28 years young (and not whining about it) on July 17th, the Ryan Adams show the following weekend, and then 29 (cookout, Rattler show, Berserkers 8 video premiere) the weekend after that. On the 30th I think I am going to dip into summers' past by seeing Lagwagon at the Black Cat in DC (and hopefully jamming out to some old favorites like “Bro Dependent.”)
As we approach August, it looks pretty good from here, as I am getting married on the second Friday of the month, and then going to Mexico for 7 nights! (nothing short of monumental) And for the grand finale of the summer, on the first weekend back (August 27) I will be trekking to the New Jersey shore to serve honorably as a groomsman in the Rorica Wedding Tour (see side bar of linkage).

All the while I live in Norfolk, close by to Virginia Beach, with "Twenty-eight miles of beachfront on the Atlantic Ocean and 10 miles on the Chesapeake Bay -- the longest pleasure beach in the world, according to "Guinness World Records 2006" as seen here. While many of you probably laughed at that last part, I truly think this summer is going to be fuckingawesome! Raise your glass to the best and hottest of all the seasons, once again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i went skateboarding today because of this--plus i went swimming

Hello summer--my old friend

Gretchen said...

you guys better come visit us soon!!! I am sad that now I am not living in NJ you guys go there all the time....just kidding...Do you have more picts of Temp and Kellie?? We are excited for your big day and our trip to the Folk.

Templeton said...

NOw that I don't have a 3 month vacation (due to school being out) in the summer it has lost it's luster. I prefer fall and spring. I like mild temperatures. This summer should be pretty memorable though. It certianly started off well.