
Start: last semester, 2 year program done in May – Associate of Applied Arts; Graphic Design/Specialization: Multimedia. well well well done/ for this is just a blog afterall and maybe a place to share some words every once in a awhile. increasingly it is all prtty much shit, and in times before too long ago we couldn’t all get so lost. imagine all the “greats” typing out their masterpieces; no ctrl + z’s and font choices! (Dostoyevsky can’t undo!) i am just a blog. but i can undo. sort of, sometimes (except maybe on you Google Reader feeds!) white-out.
So yes, off track again but back again here: in coming to the end of the tunnel I am spending my last 16 weeks learning Final Cut Pro and After Effects, as well as preparing a Portfolio of beginner work. Exciting to say the least, overwhelming to say the most. I slept funny last night, dreaming in software social networks, running around in all different directions, not settling on one form to create something in. I just want to run around, do laps, in all the new programs I am opening up! Where there is a loss of focus, there is a bonfire of interest and well, video is intriguing to say the least. I think that with all the current world bells and whistles, the written word gets left behind, while it remains the most daunting craft and the most illuminating vision-maker. Maybe I am writing that because last night I watched, the ever amazing story of Hunter S Thompson, Gonzo. Maybe I am writing that because I have long believed it to be the truth. I have stepped away from words, seduced by technology to hide behind images and video that will never substitute a well composed written treatise, regardless of their dominance in the new world. “Those who don’t read, are no better off than those who can’t.” -Mark Twain
Try writing something cool this afternoon.
3 comments:
Damn. Now I feel really silly with my cat blog planned for today.
jesus brendan. deeep.
hahahaha! cat blog.
Post a Comment