I am alone in a restaurant, playing with my food. I am restless and thinking about all the people I would rather be. I occasionally mutter things aloud to myself but I am not crazy. A beautiful woman walks by my table, starring at me with smiling eyes. I do not look at her; something is on my mind. The waiter brings the check. I thank him for his service and wish him a good night as I put on my coat.Out on the street people appear to be celebrating something big. It is night time. The air is cold and filled with large inflatable floats and confetti. People with painted faces are screaming at the top of their lungs. As I walk home briskly I ignore all of this. I am plagued with indecision on who to hire for the pending vinyl-siding job on my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment