Sunday, December 03, 2006

Doogie

I feel like I need to write more here, in place of compudoodles and picturefaces. The trouble comes with what I have to say, or more aptly, the lack thereof. As I write this I think of Doogie Howser, the letters being typed slowly, the true (pre-Internet) blogger, when a blog was a more of a personal history, a diary.

I suppose I could write about my like and dislikes and what I am doing and not doing. I like being married and I enjoy the changing of the seasons. I dislike the amount of sleep I appear to be needing these days to function at 100%. I wish I didn’t have to sleep at all and that I would feel no abnormality or impairment without it. I have been trying to turn the casual imbibing of spirits into “all out partytime” whether it is appropriate or not (I paid the price yesterday morning). I have not been skateboarding. I did a few “spin tricks” yesterday afternoon, but due, in part to a recent ankle tweak and in part, to nowhere inspirational to perform the tricks of the trade, I have essentially given up on skateboarding right now. As a good friend of mine put so succinctly, “Norfolk is where skateboarding comes to die.” I’m better off without it right now.

2 comments:

Kevtron said...

that's sad... i know how you feel. i haven't had a board since i lost mine in Harrisonburg. Captain Tee's. i was on wiley's board for a minute and i felt like my legs were brick.

Templeton said...

Skatign aroudn here si tough, really tough. Campostella was fun the other day, so maybe that can rekindle your love for the board.