Monday, December 18, 2006

The man for the job.


I've been convinced. However, it is with great pain that I think that because he is black, he has a very unlikely chance of winning the presidency in 2008, should he decide to run. The Bush re-election made me lose all hope in the general intelligence and good reason of the American public. We live in an ignorant and arrogant country that is afraid of any real change.

I can only hope to be proven wrong.

3 comments:

briwil said...

I swore I'd never vote democrat again, but I think Obama might actually get me to rethink that. I told you I read his new book (audiobook, whatever, same thing). It's pretty good, I'll pass it on if you want it.
There was an article in the NY Times the other week, polling people about the prospect of a black or female president, and the pole found more people willing to vote for a woman than a black man. Which sucks, b/ I really don't like Hillary Clinton.
But I'm not so sure about his being black (his mom was actually white, but everyone still refers to him as allblack) hurting him. Maybe, but it's definitely helped him, too. As ignorant as this country may be, I really don't think there are enough people who are that ignorant to not vote for him for that reason to ruin his chances. If you're going to even consider voting democrat, you probably aren't that racist to start off with.

briwil said...

oh, and I meant poll, not pole.

Rory Part 2 said...

Where is the sunday afternoon video?