Friday, May 12, 2006

Myspace and "Google Trends"

So there's something new at Google again. The "Google Trends" aims at finding out how popular certain search items are on Google, by giving a detailed graphical analysis of where the item is most popularly searched (by region, city, and state) and how it compares with the rest of the world. I tried a few items out and just for the sake of it, I searched for Myspace. I was surprised at what I found...

Could Norfolk really be the 4th city in the world that is searching for Myspace on Google!? I mean, is that what this means? The ratings do appear to change- the graph above was from this morning; yesterday when I originally tried it (and didn't take a screen grab) Norfolk was at number 2! It's a bit hard to believe, really. I don't know what to make of it.
The Information Age is here, and it is here to stay.

1 comment:

quietandsmalladventures said...

no way, i'd expect orange co, cal to be ahead of norfolk..... maybe it just shows the graph from the local area? can google do that? is it the zen master of the universe?