Thursday, March 02, 2006

today is the greatest


6:22am: I wake up to classical music, or the beginnings of it, as I usually turn it off before it even starts. I get out of bed. I brush my teeth, make a sandwich, approximately 15 oz. of coffee, and sit down and look at something. I notice that the pink sky of this morning would make a good picture, but I do nothing. I listen to my new favorite song off Let it Bleed (You got the Silver). It’s supposed to be 70 degrees today so I leave home without my winter coat.
At work I multi task, prepare for the month’s progress notes, say, “good morning” a lot and sit down at a computer, stand up, walk around, interact, sit down at a computer (repeat). 12:30pm: sit down for lunch. 4:00pm get off.
At 5:00pm Rachel and I show up at the Canterbury Center at ODU, to meet with an old friend of hers. The priest, from her old church who later worked at the ODU campus. We had planned to meet with him today to talk about our wedding, as he will be conducting(?) it. He was a very nice, very kind man; and older man with a white beard and a great sense of humor and a sincere affect. I have to say, for a man not always keen to the church, I was impressed and inspired by this man of God. He was a great conversationalist, jovial and bright. We sat out back at a picnic table in the unseasonably warm air and talked about everything from the wedding to single malt scotch! He even invited me to join his Gentleman's Club, meeting one Thursday a month in a warehouse on Granby St from 7-11pm to drink, listen to music(Grateful Dead, and other music from the 70's, 80's!?) and talk about life! This was unaffiliated with the church or ODU, a very odd, but indeed, humbling invitation. He said they taste different kinds of alcohol each week, and that it was new and there were only 6 members so far, with a limit of 10. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, he was leaving too, he ruched over to our care to offer us a piece of amazing chocolate cake! What a swell guy.
6:30pm Came home, ate dinner (New England Clam Chowder with a sun dried tomato bagel, side of water) and then watched the rest of Me, You and Everyone You Know, a really cool movie by this artsy gal named Miranda July (which reminds me of this).
By about now I am settling down to read a little in my book and then sneak into a room with the lights off.
goodnight.

2 comments:

Kellette said...

was that pic of your parents? it was a pretty good movie, weird but good.

Templeton said...

I just can't get enough of Miranda July's voice. For soem reason I find it pleasing to the ears.