Saturday, September 17, 2005

Friday night

Being out in Norfolk last night and seeing all the things to do and see really made me kinda bummed. I mean, who cares!? Am I just getting to be an old man so soon? Can I just not have fun under these city circumstances anymore? I think I have been out on Granby St. once in the last six months, prior to last night, and i've missed nothing. I am always telling everyone, 'Norfolk is pretty cool, it's coming up as a city" etc. but the real question again is, "Do I even care?" bars bars bars, so what. I saw so many stupid looking people last night that are living like they are on the "Real World." it's ridiculous. bad scene, everyones fault. I think when i talk about the city i mention all the telltale signs of prosperity and growth, whether it's a good thing (to me) or not. ...so there are more bars opening up every six month, more places to go and get drunk. there are unaffordable homes, apartments and high rises under construction seemingly everywhere. the city is growing, prosperity is evident. and there are "scenes" in Norfolk too, just not mine. i can't explain any of this no more longer no. i am just tired. good bye.

3 comments:

Templeton said...

bars don't make much sense to me. They never have.

Gretchen said...

Oh and don't get me started on the skanks.

Templeton said...

I was thinkign the other day that Granby street is goign to be just like the Block at the ocean front in no time. We NEED the Ghent Inn to open back up.