Well, Howard, glad you asked. I have been to many beaches, and while I am not a total beach bum (like that one dude down on the strip) I have grown to really like living near one. As I have noted before on this blog, in 2007 Ocracoke Island was rated the #1 beach in the U.S. and I couldn't agree more. CA beaches, the water is too cold and while the rocks are spectacular and beautiful, their isn't always much "beach." NJ beaches are often rocky and not as big either (that is sand to water ratio). The beach is really the only way to escape the increasingly brutal heat in the summer here, plus a nice reason to spend the day outdoors doing nothing all day.
I don't like going to the beach, necessarily, but I like living near the ocean. Where I grew up the ocean was never more than 4 or five blocks away. I like how it affords for perpetual background noise...quiet is whack.
11 comments:
there's beaches other places!
VA/NC beaches crush ALL other US beaches (for most relatively awesome things-surfing? not so much, but, whatever).
im not saying i agree/disagree with you dude.......but why do they crush all the others?
b/c you lost your other flipflop?
the beach is a reason to leave in my book.
Well, Howard, glad you asked. I have been to many beaches, and while I am not a total beach bum (like that one dude down on the strip) I have grown to really like living near one. As I have noted before on this blog, in 2007 Ocracoke Island was rated the #1 beach in the U.S. and I couldn't agree more.
CA beaches, the water is too cold and while the rocks are spectacular and beautiful, their isn't always much "beach." NJ beaches are often rocky and not as big either (that is sand to water ratio). The beach is really the only way to escape the increasingly brutal heat in the summer here, plus a nice reason to spend the day outdoors doing nothing all day.
I don't like going to the beach, necessarily, but I like living near the ocean. Where I grew up the ocean was never more than 4 or five blocks away. I like how it affords for perpetual background noise...quiet is whack.
im a beach bum. for life.
gotta put in a vote for hawaiian beaches, my island blood demands it... waimanalo or haleiwa all the way!
I know for a fact you loved Baker Beach when you lived out here...
http://www.photozella.com/directions/baker/baker01.jpg
Post a Comment